FAQ's and Terms & Conditions
Special Covid-19 announcement. All April, May and June boxes including Harry Potter crates will operate on a one week delayed schedule. Our usual shipping dates are the 28th-30th each month, we will be shipping a full week later than that to allow more time for books and items to arrive. Thank you for your patience and support of our small business during this time.
Very important to read our terms and conditions on this page. Very important if you are international to check customs fees and policies prior to placing an order. We are not responsible nor do we pay your customs fees. Any returns due to unpaid fees will be reshipped at the buyers expense. Please cancel prior to renewal on the 15th (must cancel the 14th or sooner) here on shopify if you wish to avoid being charged a renewal on your subscription. All renewal charges once started are final please see our terms and conditions below for more information. Limited edition crates are presold and are final sale. Once purchased no refunds will be issued. The ship dates for each limited edition crate (for example Harry Potter crates) will be on each listing
All monthly boxes will ship out at the end of each month (The 28th through 31st) via priority mail 2 to 3 days delivery in the USA. Canada delivery will take 10 to 14 days and International will take 2 to 4 weeks.
Subscriptions will be renewed on the 15th of each month. If you do not wish to be charged you must cancel by the 14th prior to renewal. Once renewal has occurred your box will ship. All renewals are final there will not be a refund given Please see our terms and conditions below for more information. Non Payment - If a subscription does not go through because the card is declined it will try again the next day. It will continue to try again until it goes through or has reached the next cut off period. Then it will try again the next month. It is very important that you log in and cancel an unwanted subscription.
PAST BOXES AND ITEMS:
Past boxes may not ship out with the author letter and signed bookplate. We are only given enough to add them to our initial orders so if you are ordering a previous crate please note your box may not contain these author items. To ensure that you get them please order a one time crate during our initial sale of the crate or have a monthly subscription.
CUT OFF DATES:
Our renewals happen the 15th of the month and the cut off date is the 16th of the month. This means if you order in the first half of the month you are subscribing to the month befores themed box. Example: If you order on June 14th you will get a JUNE box, if you order on June 17th you will get a JULY box. We release our theme and begin selling the next box the 17th of the month. If we sell out a crate early, we will begin selling the next months crate. Please keep informed on Instagram, Facebook, or our email newsletter so you know when the themes change. Any questions just shoot me a message there is now an online chat on shopify in the lower right hand corner. I'm happy to help.
TYPES OF BOXES:
We offer one time purchase boxes as well as subscription boxes. You can save $5 per month just by ordering a subscription box.
Subscription Membership Terms
At Magical Reads Crate, we offer a variety of subscriptions or memberships . Please review these Membership Terms carefully and make sure you understand them before subscribing because they contain important and relevant information regarding any subscription you may purchase, including renewal and cancellation terms. Memberships are continuous and automatically renew unless you cancel your Membership.
By purchasing a Membership, you agree to the terms below:
1. Month to month subscriptions. A “Monthly” Box Membership consists of an initial book box and an additional Box sent out each month thereafter.
If you sign up for a monthly Box Membership, you will be immediately billed $34.99 USD (plus shipping and taxes if applicable) as a non-refundable purchase Membership which will then continue and your credit or debit card will be charged each month on the 15th of the month for the next months box. For example April 15th you will be billed for an April box. Shipping takes place each month on the 28th-31st of the month. For example Aprils box will ship April 28th-30th
2. 3, 6, or Annual Subscription (12 month) Box Memberships. If you choose a prepaid 3,6, or 12 month Annual Box Membership, your Membership will include the same Boxes as you would receive under a monthly Membership, as outlined above. If you sign up for an Annual Membership, you will be immediately billed the annual price of $384 USD (plus shipping and taxes if applicable) or current price, as a non-refundable minimum purchase.
Prepaid 3, 6, and 12 month Annual Memberships automatically renew on the next billing date after receipt of your first set of boxes, unless you cancel your Membership in accordance with these Membership Terms (in particular, see section 4 “Cancellation” below), your payment method on file will be automatically charged for the next 3, 6, or 12 month Annual Membership term (i.e., $384 USD (plus shipping and taxes if applicable) for 12 more monthly Boxes) as a non-refundable minimum purchase.
3. One Time Purchase Boxes. One time boxes from our shop are NOT recurring subscriptions, you are billed one time at the time of purchase as a non-refundable minimum purchase.
4. Cancellation Policy. You may cancel your Membership with us at any time, subject to the time frames below. We do not place “holds” on Memberships although you may skip a month if on a monthly plan. Prepaid 3,6, and 12 month plans may also skip but it will skip the entire next 3, 6, or 12 months.
In order to cancel your Membership, you must do the following: log into your Shopify Member Account by clicking the person icon in the upper right of our homepage, navigate to the My subscriptions page, then click “Edit/Manage Subscription” button. Next choose skip or scroll to see Cancel. Click cancel and see that the subscription now says cancelled instead of active. You will also receive a cancellation email to the email address you provided when signing up for your subscription. There are no cancellation fees.
Cancellations must be effected prior to the billing date of the subscription Membership renewal. For Annual Memberships, this means that you must cancel prior to the billing date for the next annual period (in other words, prior to the next billing date after receipt of your first 12 Boxes). For Monthly subscriptions you must cancel prior to the 15th of the month. For example if you'd like to cancel in March and not receive an April box you must cancel prior to April 15th (i.e. April 14th or sooner) Cancelling your Membership does not provide you a refund for subscription payments already processed, nor does it stop a pending charge. If cancelling on the 15th or after your cancellation will go into effect for the following billing cycle and a final box will be sent.
5. Additional Boxes. Members may choose to purchases one time boxes from the shop section for themselves or to send as gifts. We ask that each box be purchased in a separate checkout. This helps us out with shipping tremendously and will not slow down or delay your shipment like purchasing multiple boxes in the same order can. Past boxes from the shop are shipped within two weeks of successful billing. If it is a current box being sold in the shop as a one time box it will ship during our normal shipping window of the 28- 31st.
6. Taxes, customs, and Shipping and Handling. Stated prices for subscriptions and shop items, and other products do not include any customs, duties, sales, use, value-added, excise, federal, state, local or other taxes. You are solely responsible for the payment of such taxes related to your purchase. Please check with your local customs office to see if fees apply to your purchase prior to placing an order. Any returned boxes due to refusal or lack of paid customs will be resent to the buyer at the buyers expense.
7. Limited edition crates are presold and are final sale. Once purchased no refunds will be issued. The ship dates for each limited edition crate (for example Harry Potter crates) will be on each listing.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns
Thank you for being a part of Magical Book Reads Crate and giving this bookworm a chance to bring you an amazing box full of usable items. From the bottom of this booknerds heart thank you!